Monday, December 11, 2006

"It is finished"

It is happy that we have a dream. I have a dream. I was not tired because I had a dream. I could endure harships because I had a dream. For two years, I've sought my dream.

Do you know what I am saying?

I'm trying to explain how I had studied hard to be a teacher in Korea. 13 hours a day, only for studying... can you believe it? Here in Korea, that's normal situation to get a job. Are we workaholics? Probably "Yes", probably "No". We, most Koreans, like to enjoy our lives. In Korean, there's an expression "Yu Yu Ja Jeok", that means we like to stroll along the beautiful mountain singing a song, drinking an alcohol. I don't like to be too serious about something, either. I like to "Yu Yu Ja Jeok" as well...

Last Sunday, I took a National Teacher's Exam. Unfortunatley, I was messed up.. I was so upset that I couldn't control my emotion. Now, I'm getting more and more relieved. Today, I began to throw away so many books for which I had struggled.

Now, I feel better. One thing is clear.. there's nothing I can retrieve now. It is finished!

1 comment:

Why am I here??? said...

I am proud of you for your hard efforts Charlie. I really admire you and Korean work ethic in general, I just wish it would rub off on me. How do you do it, what's your secret?